Monday, May 10, 2010

Just Another Saturday

This is actually a post about last weekend, but it has taken the whole week for me to really process and accept what happened. Lib's sister Rach, who is wonderful, came over for dinner and brought her friend Dina with her, who is also very nice to have around. We had a nice dinner, and I went out to get some drinks afterward.

When I returned, I was surprised to find that I was involuntarily assigned the character of Lila, a game piece in the board game Sweet Valley High. So I played, but it was a little awkward searching Sweet Valley High School high and low for Ken, my supposed boyfriend. When the game got close, I had to fight tooth and nail to keep my boyfriend or steal someone else's, and considering Dina is a lesbian, it was probably one of the most warped games of Sweet Valley High ever played, but Lib won anyway, so I guess Dina and I were off the hook (besides, I think we were both eyeballing the game pieces).

After Dina left, Rach convinced us to watch The Human Centipede on On-Demand. If you weren't aware, The Human Cenipede is an independent horror flick that is about two trashy New York girls who set out across Europe to go to clubs and party, but when their car breaks down in the forest, they make one of many idiotic decisions that leads them to a mad doctor's house. I say "mad" because he used to separate Siamese twins, but decided he wanted to reverse his talents to create. The movies starts with the good doctor weeping in his car over pictures of his experimental abomination consisting of his three rottweilers, who are lovingly referred to on the small headstone in his back yard as "My Sweet Three Hound" just before he shoots a trucker with a tranquilizer who had pulled over to take a dump on the side of the highway. The result of his experiment and the girls' bad decisions is a "creation" that consists of three people sewn mouth to ass to create a three segmented human centipede. The movie went south from there--way south.

Needless to say, I was relieved to wake on Sunday having not dreamt that I was a teen-aged girl searching for her boyfriend in halls of The Black Forest High School, only to end up with my best friend and I sewn face to ass to a Japanese man who doesn't speak any English in a crazy naziesque doctor's remote torture farm, but I fear that some repressed image or scene from the film will one night as I sleep, unexpectedly well up from my subconscious and send me into convulsive fits or at the very least therapy.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd rather watch Splice. This sounds about as great as the Island of Dr. Moreau...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you actually watched it! i want a full report and reenactment tomorrow at school.

    ReplyDelete