Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Not Just Some Bald A-Hole


I noticed something very peculiar yesterday. As I got out of my car to run into Target, a blond woman was coming out to her car, and she made "interested" eye contact with me. Maybe I'm crazy, but I felt very awkward and smiled back, even though she hadn't really smiled at me, but had smiled with her eyes. Then, as I was walking into another store, two women came out from the back--an older lady and another young woman--and by God, I swear the younger woman gave me the same look (or someone put ecstacy in my coffee at work). Then, when I walked into Kohl's, I swear, a cougar checked me out from behind a cash register, and later, when I got pizza, the muscle-bound guy who is usually a total a-hole to me was joking around and laughing with me (gay?). Now either there was some unknown factor I don't completely understand at play here, or the planets were aligned in such a way that it was the one day of my life when I was at my sexiest, or...or maybe it is just bacause I grew in my hair and a full beard a little and stopped being mistaken as a skinhead, so people were just being friendly instead of afraid that I was full of hate and unpredictable rage because I looked like a smaller version of Ed Norton in American History X. That actually makes a hell of a lot more sense than anything else. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Or maybe they read your blog and didn't quite read the content, and thought that you were "Estra Larch"

    ReplyDelete