Sunday, April 25, 2010

What kind of man...

After watching three hours of a Survivorman marathon today, I was having dinner--chicken bryan, mashed sweet potatoes with goat cheese (Lib's delicious experiment), scalloped potatoes, and green beans. I couldn't get enough; I kept eating, and didn't get full, but eventually I had to stop myself because there was no good reason to keep on eating. I had just watched Les Stroud survive a week on nothing but a clover and a chipmunk and talk about how a tiny crispy rodent would give him the energy he needed to continue through the Sonoran desert on foot. If that is true, my dinner could power a small city. I never felt like a pussy for eating too much, but I did feel like a chubby little débutante for wanting a third helping of sweet potatoes and cheese and a third helping of scalloped potatoes, which of course are made with cheese, and this was only after seconds of green beans and finishing Lib's chicken. What kind of man needs that much food? I wouldn't last five minutes in the wild without a meat sled and cheese tree.

2 comments:

  1. perhaps the real man is the one who earns enough money (or has enough slaves and property) to attract a woman who will stuff him full of delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some girls like guys with fancy cars or lots of cash. Me? I want the guy with the most slaves. Hands down.

    But on another note, please don't judge me for the double potato meal. As Eric mentioned, one was an experiment and I thought it was destined for the trash. Otherwise I would never think to serve my man a meal with such minimal variety.

    ReplyDelete