Monday, April 5, 2010

The Road to Ruin... aka New Jersey


I learned on my eleven hour drive from Asheville that everything from D.C. north sucks in terms of traffic. I learned that if I don't stop to fill my tank I can go 440 miles, but that three miles before my exit, my gas light will come on, and I may regret testing the endurance of my car in such circumstances. I also learned that if I don't drink anything extra, I can hold my piss for five hours without it getting so intense that I have to stop. And oddly enough, I learned that if it is eighty degrees and sunny, and I apply sun screen to my forearm to prevent truckers' arm, that the sun and smell trick my brain into thinking I am coming home from the beach, and it takes two hours longer for me to get angry in traffic because subconsciously, I have spend the day at the shore, and I am blocking out that I have to work the next day from 6am to 10pm. So, I guess I learned that I can make it from Asheville, NC with only one stop, and as any true road tripper knows, that's pretty good. While my average speed for that long leg was 55mph, it was the constant congestion and construction that slowed me down, but I refused to empty my bladder or fill my tank, and dammit, that's somethin! That's hardcore(but I did have to go to work today)!

1 comment:

  1. Not as hardcore as scientists eluding a dragon for years in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete