Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Nice Cold One


While I was standing in line to get an ice cream tonight, there was a young man, about thirteen, in front of me wearing shorts and a t-shirt shivering as he waited to order his ice cream, and I thought, "What an idiot--kids are so f-ing stupid. Why would anyone that cold wait in line to make themselves even colder?" but then I wondered how many times I had stood drunk in line at a bar to get another beer, and it all made perfect sense...he must have been drunk.

3 comments:

  1. Or he was just 13. As a daughter of a 15 year old, I am often reminded of the FALSE sense of invincibility that is prevelant at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im reading all these out loud to my house mates, we especially love this one.

    -rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, its rachel finelli by the way- i guess you might know more than one.

    ReplyDelete