Saturday, October 10, 2009

Was it all a Dream?


Here's an interesting story. Yesterday I was at one of the local establishments having a couple of beers (a few laughs) with some of my friends, and I discovered something very intersting about an experience I had at one of their houses.


Some time back, maybe a year and a half ago, I was staying over and slept in his basement--it was anything but restful. I had one of those waking dreams where I believed that I had awoken, but I couldn't move. There was the presence of a man walking around me who was not happy, a very menacing figure. It was a spirit;I remember him being tall and shadowy, and I remember being paralyzed and afraid of him. He had no features outside of the shape of a man, and he did not want me there; that was very clear. It came from the stairs and circled me. I kept trying to wake up, but in the "dream" I was awake. I'm still not sure, but it was very creepy. I never said anything because I just assumed it was a dream, even though it seemed real.


Yesterday, I was talking to his girlfriend, and she was telling me how when her friend came to visit who is "sensitive," they asked her about the house, if there was anything going on in his place(at this point in her story I started telling her the details before she said them to see if they jived). I said "it is in the basement"; the friend had said the basement stairs (I slept at the foot of them). I said it was not happy but not evil (the same words that her friend told her). I said it was definitely male, but I don't think the friend gave a gender. I could see that my interjections were creeping her out.


Coincidence? There is actually a pretty good chance it was coincidence. If you had to name a creepy place in anyone's house, the basement would probably be the first. His basement is finished and nice; I've never felt creeped out in the slightest down there before, and it's not like I haven't been down there since--I just don't care to sleep down there, that's all. "Unhappy but not evil?" Well, I think that would just about sum up most ghost descriptions--how many happy ghosts have you heard of? I just think it's interesting and possible.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me the name of this friend so that I never sleep in that basement... creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one you know, wouldn't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete