Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tootoring




Not that anyone will be surprised, but as I was walking across the street to tutor at the library tonight, I realized that I had really needed to cut a muffin before I went in, or I would have to wait an hour before I could toot. "Toot" is underestimating it a bit though; I had to fart--big time. It was dark. I looked behind me and readied the trumpets for the fanfare, but just as I was about to sound off, a woman approached on the adjoining sidewalk and I had to retract. It was a close one.

I waited an hour, building steam.

When I left, I quickly rounded the corner away from the public entrance, checked behind me and ahead of me and released the hounds. We all know how this ends: Just as I trumpeted a reverie to wake the dead, a woman rounded the corner of the neighboring building just as I was finishing off an impressive string of three horn blasts into the silent, snowy night. Oh well, I felt better.

3 comments:

  1. This post has a Flesch Reading Ease score of 74.1189825218477. Who would have thought that tooting would be so complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say its more like a score of 20.723753. You must have calculated wrong...ly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at first i thought those numbers were some kind of flatulence rating scale.

    how does that fart stay put for an hour?

    ReplyDelete