Thursday, July 9, 2009

And I don't like you...Jerk Off!


After two years of working with Don, I wondered when I would get pulled over for hauling a trailer with no break lights, and today, when I got pulled over for said violation, I was not at all surprised. The cop was actually pretty nice, and even though he didn't believe I wasn't the owner of the company(he asked me if I could prove it, even though he had my license and had already run Don's plates), he let me off with a minor violation and a fifty-four dollar ticket. He also said if the owner wouldn't pay the ticket, he would back me up in court, but that he had to write me the ticket in my name because I was the driver, which also brought up another point: I was responsible for the truck without break lights because I was the driver. He told me to clean the sealcoat off the license plate and not drive the trailer anymore. So when I had to drive the trailer the rest of the day, I tried to drive around Scotch Plains, but still had to drive a quarter mile through Scotch Plains, and I kept having this fantasy where if he did pull me over again, he would yell the Scotch Plains' version of "Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski!" and then he would throw a coffee cup at my head.

1 comment: