Monday, July 27, 2009

The Ticking....


Since I haven't been camping in three years, I decided it was time to get back out into the great outdoors, and I learned that I have become a colossal pussy. Even though I work outside every day in dirt and bugs, I was annoyed and grossed out by all the bugs that were crawling on me, and every time I was scavenging wood and walked into a spider web, I had a small panic attack. So when I went to get into the shower Sunday at Lib's and found a deer tick embedded in my thigh, I ripped it out of my skin, just to show the bastard who was in charge, and now, I am waiting to see who was really in charge, because I have known two people, Merica and Terry, who have gotten Lyme disease from ticks in the past year. I have looked up the early symptoms, and I will let you know. I also found out that Deer Tick is a band.

3 comments:

  1. you and the great outdoors don't seem to be the closest of friends; lets review the past 2 months...in no particular order 1 you nearly break your ankle jogging, 2 went fishing in ohio and got schooled by your niece, 3 and 4 went fishing in long island twice with limited results each time and now 5 you are fodder for blood-sucking parasites ( and not the good kind of blood-suckers like hot vampire chicks) that is to say ticks and you are no more than a living breathing incubator for Lyme Disease. Don't worry, your daily self-pleasure is not a symptom of the disease progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the bright side, to follow up on Chad's brother, you showed the tick who's boss... at least for now you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the doctor changed his diagnosis about terry's lyme's disease. the blood test came back negative. it turned out he was just a big pussy.

    ReplyDelete