Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mextrosexual

Jorge smelled like the beach, and our sweat dripped onto the flagstone with the sun beating down on us, cooled only by the smell of the chlorine of the waterfall cascading into the pool. Max said he wanted to be a woman for a day... If I were gay, this would be a much more interesting story, but the truth is, we were hot as hell, covered in sunscreen and baking in a flagstone oven because some rich woman wanted us to tear out all the grass between the stones on her patio and replace it with new sod, which is a total pain in the ass, especially when it is in the nineties and there is no shade. Even Max said, "Maybe I want to be a woman today. Just one day...today. Work inside. Do dishes. Clean. All inside. But just maybe today. When my husband comes home, no more woman. "

2 comments:

  1. You should give Max the number and address for the seventy-something woman; at least she offered you guys something cold to drink to go with the proposition. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to shower after reading that. I feel so dirty.

    ReplyDelete