Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hot and Bothered...literally...or figuratively?



Not to toot my own horn, but I was a little flattered when a woman in her seventies was trying to make time with me last week. I was working on her driveway, and she was working on the free-love freeway. She had moxy, this one, and she knew how to make the hottest day of the summer even hotter. When she brings me some water early in the day, and says that she takes care of young men, I think it's a completely normal, nurturing thing to say, but later in the day when she pours a couple more glasses of water, she stops at the door on the way into the house she says, "If you want any more water, just whistle," and here's the kicker: she continues, "You know how to whistle don't you?" Now, I have never seen To Have and Have Not, but I know what that means...Hot Dog!

2 comments:

  1. ...in a breaking story; an ohio man was charged with loitering and public indecency when he was observed walking around several retirement communities whistling and wearing only a trench-coat, sunglasses, and colored black socks and sandals. The 34 year old suspect claims his behavior is the result of Lyme disease he contracted from a tick. Despite the obvious danger the suspect poses, many of the female residents requested the man be released to their custody.

    ReplyDelete