Monday, September 14, 2009

Born and Bread


Lib says that when you make bread from scratch it comes to life; I'm inclined to believe her. You don't really experience the bread when you make it in a mixer. Not that I have ever made bread in a mixer, but I have tried twice by hand. The first time, it died, but this time it was perfect. After I mixed everything together by hand, I kneaded it on the counter, and it became elastic and firm, and oddly enough, the dough rolled up felt like a little baby butt. It grew in the bowl covered by a towel that bulged like a belly, and after being worked into another little roll, I placed it in a bread pan and put in the oven...just like a baby.

4 comments:

  1. Did you give the bread baby a name...say Otik or something? And wrap it like a swaddling babe and feed it pudding in a high chair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really miss you too, Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lib is right-on. A little love is the secret to experiencing bread.

    ReplyDelete