Wednesday, September 16, 2009


Sometimes when you arrive at your destination in the middle of a great song, you don't want to get out of your car. Especially when that song is November Rain. It was right before Slash's third guitar solo when the song takes that dark turn and then they start repeating, "Don't you think that you need somebody..." so I told myself that I would go into work, and the end of the day, it would be my treat/surprise when I finished work for the day. I forgot about it during the course of the day, and when I turned my car on to Axl and Slash, I was surprised and happy with myself because, much like Axl and Slash, I rock!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad someone understands me--it's totally a late summer song, and the only reason I haven't taken you up on your "In Rainbows" suggestion, other than the fact that I don't live by the rockies, is that it's a fall album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking my next driving experiment will involve Roosevelt Nat'l Forest and Pisces Iscariot - it's about time for that one to make the rounds again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lest we not forget...Sunny Day Real Estate...Diary. It has always found a spring flavor in my heart, but nostalgia always overpowers seasonal tendencies; and they simply don't make music like they used to.

    ReplyDelete