Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby Kaboom!




The title may imply that Billy Mayes will be plugging a new spray-bottle product for cleaning babies, and that would be a pretty good invention because it may only take a quarter of an inch of water to drown, but a light mist will never hurt anyone. My topic today is simply that it seems everyone around me is having babies. I love kids, and I want kids, but I can wait a while. The strange thing is that so many people are pregnant and having babies (esoderica for Clint: people are dropping babies like Dale Earnhardt dropping babies) that I feel like the kid without Nikes and Guess jeans. I have never been one to let what others are doing influence me, but there is a part of me as a social creature who feels like I am doing something wrong (I know what you are all thinking, and I can assure you that I am doing everything right in that department) and need to get with the program. I don't want to give the impression that I'm dying for a baby, I just feel weird that babies seem to be popping up everywhere like mushrooms. Maybe it's because I just keep getting caught up in pregnant talk and baby talk and have nothing to add to the conversation; I don't like to be left out of a conversation and people who have kids look at disdain at those who make baby or pregnant jokes but have no children, or even a fetus. So I always end up asking the typical pregnant questions that they have been answering for months. It's not about having a child, it's like getting your driver's license or hitting twenty-one. I'm just not there yet. I get it. You don't want to talk to me anymore. That's why I feel alienated. I guess there's only one solution: Shut the hell up about your kids!

6 comments:

  1. Just get some sea monkeys and refer to them as your spawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sending my kids over right now to kick your ass.

    and later on, my kids are also going to be able to kick your future kids collective asses because you're getting a late start, so my kids will be shaving and using brass knuckles when your kids are toddlers, thus your kids will have no chance against my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, "I know what you are all thinking, and I can assure you that I am doing everything right in that department"

    This is great, because, really...you don't sound so sure. I don't have any advice for you. But, if I did it would be to go out this Friday night, have some beers, get home around 2 a.m. and think of me...because I fell asleep at 9:30pm watching a 60 minutes special on how not to raise your child.

    I love this blog...you're the perfect person to have one...I always enjoyed the live presentations at Miami during 'visits' outside. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mark. I'm glad to see you enjoying. But I would like to reassure all of the readers that I am doing everything right in that department; let there be no question about that. If it makes you feel any better, I fell asleep last Friday at around nine after watching an episode of "Battlestar Galactica."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see how Number 6 or Number 8 could make you tired and fall asleep, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is this your way of telling me Bob is pregnant? thanks.

    ReplyDelete