Friday, May 29, 2009

Live From the Poconos


Given that I was berated and ridiculed for my last post because it wasn't funny enough and I had missed one day, I have decided to take a break from the relaxation and serenity of my mountain vacation to make sure that I don't disappoint my readers. So far I have eaten crocodile and elk(a bit gamey with a livery aftertaste, but I liked it a lot) and I ate my breakfast out of the pan it was cooked in at "Ham and Eggs in a Pan." I can't really figure out what the advantage of eating my breakfast out of the pan it was cooked in is, but I guess they save on plates, but then again, they must have a ton of pans...I don't know. My girlfriend said she could taste the metal and she had some difficulty with the curved edges. I was more worried about slamming my elbow into the pan handle and spilling my coffee. Liz can't understand how it's beneficial to anyone in any way. I think she's right: it's a gimick. You have to have something if you are going to compete in this dog-eat-dog market--like the guy down the street who cuts sillhoettes out of plywood; he must constantly have to challenge the industry standard and experiment with different kinds of black paint.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is I that should try different foods, that is, besides my own foot. I was unaware of you being on vacation, you are totally deserving of the time off. I should not have allowed myself to become dependent on the highly entertaining value of your blog. You set the bar so ridiculously high it is a herculian task to write at such a high level evry time. Furthermore, my snide comments were not intended for you but were more a commentary of the disappointing topics on Nova. I'm certain the next really lousy Nova special you watch will be properly and extremely dissected with the wit, humor and delightful lack of good taste that my inner-adolescent addictively craves. Please accept my apology for my callous post. Nova...it only leads to people hurting. Nova is responsible for this. I hate Nova.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it is I that should try less biting sarcasm--fact is, my life is generally so boring that I have to rely on Nova for material, and now that I am on the road, I am hoping for more material which has ended up revolving around me tweaking the nipple of a breakfast pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better to tweak the nipple of a breakfast pan, rather than risk an injury that you would surely incur trying to drink milk direct from and elk. I would steer clear of crocodile milk as well. Not only cause of the exponentially greater risk to life in limb, crocs are not mammals...anything milky you may get will not be milk. Have a good vacation

    ReplyDelete
  4. whenever i'm home alone and i cook something, i like to eat it out of whatever i cooked it in-- i'm very down with this place . . .

    ReplyDelete