Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Land of Eyes and Honey

Whether it was pulled off smoothly or not, I'm not really sure, but my girlfriend told me last night that the nicest compliment she ever received was that somebody once told her that her eyes were the color of honey in the sunlight. Whether that meant her eyes in the sunlight were the color of honey or her eyes looked like honey coruscated by sunlight, I'm not sure either, but I do know this: I will never be able to come up with a compliment like that, and even though nine times out of ten, it probably sounds tacky as hell, there is the one in ten chance that it was executed perfectly because it has obviously made an impression on her. So, I have made it my life's mission, and I have told her this, to beat that compliment by far, but I am having a little trouble. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good things to say about her, but I may be in over my head so I can't be too proud to take suggestions and try to pass them off as my own--look at the title of today's post, I'm obviously strugging with coming up with good material.

2 comments:

  1. why not try "your breasts look like honey melons in the sunlight."

    or, "your breasts in the sunlight make me want to pour honey on them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have never been beaten when bandying words. I don't see how this is any different. Sheesh. It's like you're getting old or something...

    ReplyDelete