Sunday, June 28, 2009

cOrnHlOe (I tried)


Yesterday I made the ten-hour drive from Jersey to Ohio stopping at my friend's house for the night, and it was eerily similar, and by that I mean exactly the same, as last year: I drove ten hours stopping only for McDonald's breakfast and later on for a soda; I got a trucker tan on my left arm; Brian had a birthday party for his two-year-old son, Lucas; I ate a lot of fried chicken, his siblings and 2,ooo toe-headed nieces and nephews were screaming and yelling; after everyone left, we drank beer, played the most intense game of cornhole ever in the twilight, and had a camp fire listening to my ipod on computer speakers; we ate some more chicken and drank some more beer, I fell asleep on his couch, ate a piece of chicken for breakfast, and drove back to my parents' house. There were some discrepencies, but not signifcant enough to count, and if I can do this every summer for my homecoming, that will be alright with me.

2 comments:

  1. i wouldn't mind doing that every night for the rest of my life (minus the intense corn-holing, although-- hey, it is 2009)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete