Sunday, June 14, 2009

Street Fare


New York City street fairs are the best place to walk around, look at cheap crap, eat a ton of amazingly cheap food and not feel guilty because you just end up walking it off. Eat--walk ten blocks--eat--walk ten blocks and so on. Lib and I pretty much did this the entire afternoon, and it was perfect because we split everything, so it took longer to get full when on half portions, so we got to try even more: chicken pita, Mozzarepas, watermelon, etc. I had even convinced myself to get a ten-minute Chinese massage in one of the chairs, but it always seems a little sketchy when I pass by. On our way uptown, we came across a rather vibrant Hare Krishna parade, then we walked twenty more blocks, so we earned a Guinness and had dinner with a couple of my friends at Yum Yum Bangkok. After that we walked about ten more blocks to Grand Central just so I could look at the ceiling, but it's always worth it. And to top it all off, I came home with four bottles of my favorite hot sauce, Matouk's Calypso, which should last me a good year.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a blast. Made me hungry just reading the post. Gotta love Grand Central. You ever see the Improv Anywhere they did there?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

    ReplyDelete