Thursday, June 18, 2009

Orange ya glad...


After reviewing for the exam, my students commented on how colorful and vibrant my orange marker was on the dry erase board, and they asked me to draw an orange. So I did. Then they said I had to draw an orange wedge. So I did. But then it didn't make sense that there was a wedge and a whole orange, so they said I had to draw the space on the orange where the wedge came from. So I did--but it looked like an orange vagina, and I could hear them giggling, so I kept adding detail in the hopes that it would start looking less like a vagina. It didn't. Sadly enough, this is not the first time I have drawn a vagina or a penis on the board. I don't know if its just me or if it comes with being in a room half-full of teenage boys, but when I have drawn an unbloomed flower(I only had a red marker at the time), Manhattan Island or a thermometer, if it looks even vaguely phalic the kids let me know. Even if they are not brazen enough to point it out, the laughter gives it away. The only solution: just pretend it's not a hooha or a dingdong.

1 comment: