Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just for the Halibut


Interesting little story. This eight-year-old girl entered herself in a fishing contest in Alaska with the hopes of catching a mermaid. To her dismay, she ended up cathching a 138.8 pound halibut. When the little girl got it close to the boat, her father pulled out a sawed-off shotgun, and she said, "you are not going to shoot my fish," but of course he did. The story is much funnier if you imagine what it would have been like had she caught the mermaid.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, it's "going" not "goint." More importantly, this story is a reminder to me that it's been way too long since I've gone out fishing. I wouldn't care if I went out caught sea robins and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're goint to nitpick my attempts to capture the voice of a small child who doesn't want her fish shot...ok--typo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. went fishing today with the boys-- we had to use corn as bait because ian refused to use worms as they are "good for the soil."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just trying to help, man. You're the one who made the "I hate having typos in my blog" claim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn dirty hippies.

    i'm gonna go trout fishing tomorrow. i will use a fly rod.

    i will use cyanide-laden dynamite as bait.

    if i have to shoot a fish after catching it, i will be sure to use only the most leaded ammo, with pure mercury tracers.

    also, i will be wearing a lead jock-strap because of:

    a) the uranium hip-waders.
    b) my incorrigible junk.

    finally, i will be laying razor wire somewhere downstream because whatever i don't catch is sure to die. and thus, be caught.

    ReplyDelete