Monday, June 8, 2009

Live in Mono


Not that anyone would ever care, but I realized today, after two years of recording, that the button on my FastTrack audio interface that determines whether you record in stereo or mono is broken, so all the times I made sure it was on stereo did not matter one bit, and I need to buy a new one. This answers why I have had such a difficult time mixing the levels to my songs and would have to do them over and over, to very little avail. Sure, I could try to complain to the company, but it would only be fodder for them to make fun of me for being a clueless idiot. And much like Emma Bunton(I have no idea who she is, but she was on my image search for "in mono") I have been living my life in mono.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure it's not your mic/HW setup? Your hardware needs to be capable of detecting multiple tracks too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick Sode would be far more interested in what life is like in Emma Bunton. ( and he wouldn't care who she is either.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sleepless in jerseyJune 9, 2009 at 7:09 AM

    I have checked all my input and output settings and made sure they were in stereo. The right channel responds, and the left stays low and fuzzy on the display like it is shorted out. If I plug in the mic and the 1/4 inch, each get dedicated to a left and right channel, but I cannot get a single input to record on left and right. If I unplug the interface and go in the computer, it records in stereo, so I'm thinking it is the interface.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma Bunton (n)
    1. A member of the vocal group, Spice Girls
    2. Baby Spice
    3. A woman living in the shadow of Posh Spice

    ReplyDelete