Saturday, June 6, 2009

Old Fart




I recently turned thirty-three years old, and for the first time I got a card with the words "old fart" on it, specifically, "Old fart, my eye!" in a dialogue bubble coming from a rather large, old, seemingly dutch woman on the front wearing an apron. I don't personally believe I should be receiving this calliber of birthday card yet, but I might be wrong. My girlfriend told me this morning that I breathe loudly, and I noticed that this week when I was walking around the classroom checking the student's work. It's not like I'm winded or exhausted, but I have noticed, while at rest, that I have heard myself breathing through my nose quite noisily recently, just like my father and my grandfather. But they seem to be getting along just fine, and my grandfather has always been a hit with the ladies, even at the age of 87. Plus, I typed in "old fart" on yahoo images for a pic to go with today's blog, and the search yielded an entire series of horribly obscene pictures, but the people involved looked like they were having a good time. I guess you're only as old as you feel.

3 comments:

  1. Rick Sode is as old as he feels. Given his mental wanderings as witnessed by his blog, I'd put him in the same category as the above picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized this looks like one of Dave's cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you were pretty crabby this morning, so i drew a picture of you and put it on the internet, and-- serendipitously-- you clipped the very same picture and put it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete