Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hell in a Handbasket


I went the to movies with Lib last night and saw Drag Me to Hell, a Sam Raimi film about a girl who is cursed by a gypsy woman for not giving her another extension on her home loan. Sounds ridiculous? Well, it is. While I wouldn't call it scary, I did jump out of my seat about fifty times, and even more so, found myself bringing my fists up to my face in anticipation of something scary. If you liked the Evil Dead movies that he did ages ago, this is pretty typical of that series, but Raimi has more money and sway now, so it looks like he just had fun making this movie; it really makes me want to go back and watch the Evil Dead movies again. You have to go see it in the theater for the full effect, because it is the sound that really makes it, and if you can find the guy sitting behind us who was continually scared out of his pants, and who then followed each terrifying moment with a comment of disbelief and hearty, jolly laughter, you should have him go with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment